Playing guitar well is the target of all those who are learning to play guitar but not everyone knows how to take advantages to reach the destination faster.
3 main principles
The quality and strength of the guitar sound depending on these 3 following principles:
- Awareness of the guitar sound: the sound you create reflects your awareness of the good sound. You develop this awareness by critically listening to a guitar sound of yourself and of others.
- Status and the way of using your fingernails: Your guitar sound depending on the state of your nails and how you use your nails.
- Exposure and movement of your fingers: your guitar sound depending on how your fingers expose to the guitar strings, and its direction as well as the strength you use when strumming the strings.
These three principles are correlated with each other and it can be said that the initial core of your progress of learning guitar. You will start with the basic shape of nails that allows you to start practicing your right hand.
Once you have mastered the postures and movements, you will gradually adjust the shape of your nails for a better fit. Through this process, you will be guided by your desired guitar sound. However, your perception is also influenced by the remaining two principles.
How to apply these principles
So to apply 3 above principles well you need:
- When learning to play the guitar, the first lessons are sitting posture and hand posture and these lessons are extremely important. A little tip to help you succeed with this exercise is practice “standing” to play guitar, but when you stand playing well, naturally you will sit playing well. This is a secret that few people know. Refer to the article “Standard Guitar posture”
- Guitar strumming motion has to be strong enough to make the strings sag down while strumming. Your fingers are not slanted by the tense of the strings.
- The left side of the fingers along with the edge of the fingernails have to be leaned against the strings tightly right before the time you strum the strings.
- You only need to practice playing the guitar for 30 minutes a day and keep patiently exercise for a period of time and you will get a good result. But if you are experiencing depression while playing guitar, you are not passionate enough. When there is no passion, it is the best that you do not practice the Guitar.
- You should train and practice node running chord (Scale) by gamme (gamut) help your fingers become faster and go further in the process of training to play guitar.
Some of you contact Sol Guitar and ask for guitar buying advice, you often have questions as follows: To play the guitar, is it necessarily to buy expensive guitar? If you buy cheap guitar, the sound is not good, right? ….
My take away advice
In fact, expensive Guitar is really not necessary when learning to play guitar. You just need to buy a guitar with basic function to serve your practice. Remember, the artist creates a great sound, not a good guitar. Later when you reach a certain level or you want to perform on stage, naturally you will feel the need of a proportional Guitar.